It will happen, you will have to cave and wash those windows which were installed in your beautiful Drake Home Inc home or townhome. And not only inside but outside as well.
The following are some helpful hints found at University of Nebraska- Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County web site. Link to the complete article follows these hints:
- Don’t clean windows in direct sunlight – the window may dry too fast and streak.
- Exterior windows should be first be washed with a hose or clean water to remove grease and grime.
- Wash windows side to side on the inside and up to down on the outside. If there are streaks, you will know which side they are on.
- Change wash and rinse waters often.
- Vacuum screen to remove dust, etc
- Outside screens can be scrubbed with warm water and rinsed with clean water. Allow to air dry.
- Squeegees do not work on textured or stained glass windows.
- Choose a “hard” paper towel (soft ones leave lint) or cotton cloths such as old t-shirt or socks.