Tasks before it turns cold…
• Disconnect all hoses and drain them.
• Cover exposed faucets.
• Be sure sprinklers won’t run when it’s freezing.
• Put hose-end sprinklers in the garage.
• Move potted winter annuals into protection.
The first three photos were taken this morning, Wednesday, December 12 while the three photos of the homes were taken in the past few weeks. The grounds of our new development has been architecturally landscaped and over 50 oak trees planted.
Come out this weekend and see the changes! Open Friday though Sunday, Noon till 5:00 PM.
5415 Holguin Hollow Street, Houston, Texas: Upcoming Open House Hours!
Private driveways, lush professional landscaping with handsome 8 foot over / horizontal rot boards ‘good neighbor’ fencing design with sprinkler systems, professionally engineered drainage, artisan exterior brick details, 2 tone with white trim PPG paint…hand made solid wood front doors are all exterior hallmarks of your new Drake Home.
2 1/2 Baths
Wednesday – Sunday
June 6 – June 10
Noon till 5:00 PM
In the prime location of East End Revitalized, the Drake Homes Victoria floor plan boasts all of Drake Homes signature features: 3 bedrooms and 2 & 1/2 full baths over 1446 square footage of living space. The home is optioned with hand laid and custom stained solid oak hardwood flooring with carefully selected high grade, thick slabs of granite and designer ceramic tile selections in kitchen and select wet areas. The 1st floor is designed with an open concept living plan with the master retreat on 2nd floor level. Oversized frameless master shower with thoughtfully selected high end finishes. There are no corners cut … this home is loaded with options.
These photos were taken when the mulberry tree in my front yard was about to be pruned back, dead wood removed, but sadly it was too far gone to be saved, the previous owners had neglected it for years.
Just a few of the things expert gardener Neil Sperry suggests for the last weekend in July:
• It’s prime time for planting cucumbers, crookneck and zucchini squash, bush green beans, and corn if you have room for a 20×20-ft. plot (required for good pollination).
• Annuals, including zinnias, marigolds and celosias for rich fall colors.
• New lawngrass from seed, sod, plugs or by hydromulching. Delaying much longer risks possibility of grass not being well established before winter.